Counselling and Educational Psychologist – Morningside, Johannesburg
Psychologist (PS 0076775)
I am a Counselling and Educational Psychologist, practicing in the Sandton area.
I am certified in these areas:
- Heart-centred Hypno-therapy (Wellness Institute)
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Sand Play Therapy (completed 2 year intensive Sand Play Therapy training, Founder Dora Kalff)
- Trained Life Coach
What I Offer:
Both Individual and Group Therapy in the following:
- Trauma counselling, including:
- Relationship issues, including:
- Self-esteem and empowerment
- Stress management, including:
- Discovery of patterning and behavioural changing techniques, including:
Who do I work with:
- My focus is on adults and adolescents
- However, I do have extensive experience working with children
My Approach to Therapy:
I am particularly interested in the patterns that govern one’s behaviour; the instinctual patterns, the inherited patterns as described in the enneagram, and the habits and behaviours developed as a response to environmental factors. I am also fascinated how the mind impacts the body. I believe that the body has its’ own consciousness, and plays a significant role in determining one’s behaviour (as neuroscience now indicates). I therefore consider it important to work with the body and mind, hence the use of hypno-therapy, tapping, EMDR, leadership embodiment, and NLP.
Furthermore, I believe that it is impossible to separate mind, body and spirit, and therefore I adopt a holistic approach to my work. I am trained in Subtle Energy and Reiki, and pay attention to the energetic state of the individual. The advantage of having been a generalist for so long, is that I have attended an above average number of courses over the years, and have a variety of tools at my disposal. I tend to be eclectic and combine various tools that really work for me.